Saturday, May 1, 2010

This Week, Saturday is Goals Day!

Since May 1 has fallen on a Saturday, it's time to look back over my month of goals. It's only been 21 days since I started the blog! Can you believe it? I can't. A lot for me has changed since then.

When I started the blog on April 10, I thought I weighed about 205 pounds. I weighed a couple of days later to find that I was 203.5. My ultimate goal for the month was to lose the 3.5 pounds that were holding me over the 200 mark. Now, if you've ever been over the 200 mark, you know how crappy that feels. It's nothing like going over 140, or 160. Those numbers don't seem near as scary. But, 200! That's scary. I remember the first time I weighed over 200. I don't remember the exact day, but I do remember it. It was so not a happy day for me!

Last week, I weighed in at 200.5. I figured half a pound would be nothing, and started my week off normally. Then I got sick. No workouts, but also no food. Not good either way.

This morning I weighed, knowing that I have lost a whole bunch due to having the flu. I weighed in at 194 pounds. Yep, that's 6.5 pounds this week. I have no illusion that I'm going to gain some of that back once I start eating again, but it still made me feel pretty nice this morning.

So, what are my goals for the month? Well, I'm still sticking to 5 pounds a month. I'm going to wait until next week though to determine what that means in terms of numbers. If I go with that now, that means that I'll have to be down to 189 by the end of the month, but because of how I lost all of that weight, I don't think that's a fair goal. I probably could do that, but I'm not setting myself up for failure. I think that's where my failings have been in the past. Maybe this month a good goal would be to workout 5 days a week, come rain or shine. The last 2 weeks I've had something derail me, and I'm tired of it! Time for 5 solid days of JM! And, I'm going to start the walk/run program that SS sent me so that by the time my hubby is working there for turnaround we can run a 5k together!

Of course, eating well is on the top of that list too. With John being gone for the next couple of weeks, it'll be much easier for me to eat properly. It's so much easier to cook good foods for yourself than for someone else too. Weird how it is. When I lived down south I ate so much healthier. Now, not so much. Though, when I lived down south, I used to eat fruit and yogurt for dinner at least twice a week in the summer. Granted, it was around 40 degrees all the time and you didn't feel like eating to begin with.

OK, that's all for this week. In the words of SS: "it's time to get back to loving ourselves." Love yourself a bit today, all right?

No comments:

Post a Comment