Monday, May 31, 2010

Relay For Life

Saturday was our Relay For Life. I know I had touched on this subject a bit a while ago, but here's how it went.

My goal for fundraising was actually only $100. I didn't do too well in the past, so I thought this would be a good goal. I ended up raising $182.25! I would like to thank everyone who donated to me! It's amazing to see how much got donated! Next year I'll have a much bigger goal in mind!

My mom and I showed up for the relay at noon, and watched the first few laps. Survivors wearing their bright yellow shirts walked first. It's amazing to see how many of them we have in this city. So proud to be a part of this event. Then the caregivers of the survivors walked. Then, it was our turn.

Unfortunately, since there was only 2 of us, we weren't there long. We walked for about 2 hours, and gave in. It's much to hard as an individual. Next year, I'll be walking with a team!

It's great to be a part of this, and I'm sure that they are still taking donations. Be a part of making cancer history!

{Here's a little sidebar. If you look on yesterday's post, I made a comment about my weight this morning, since I had forgotten to weigh yesterday morning. I'm currently at 193.5 pounds, which is exactly 10 pounds since I started this blog 52 days ago. (I think it's 52 days, something like that!) Pretty good, eh? I think it is. I'm only few small pounds away from being in the 180's, and man, that's feeling good. Talk about self inspiration there!}

1 comment:

  1. I got more pledges that came in after this. Another $30! Not too bad for this year!

    ReplyDelete