Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday Goals

Well, this week didn't go quite as planned. I wanted to workout 5 times, walk/jog 5 times, and eat healthy. I worked out 3 times, walk/jogged 4 times, and ate bad all week. I'm not sure what was going through my mind. I just couldn't get it in my mind that I needed to take care of myself. I just wanted to be bad I guess.

I still ended up losing a pound this week. I'm currently at 196.5. 33.5 pounds to go until I get back to the weight I was 3 years ago when I moved up here. It's not so bad. If I can keep up with my goal of 5 pounds each month, that's my goal by the end of the year. And really, that's not too bad.

Goals for this week are pretty much simple. I'm not going to set a number for how many times that I need to work out, but I would like to do 4. I'm going to make my goal of 4 times this week doing my walk/jog, even if it kills me. And, I am going to cook dinner each night this week. I can't really say how healthy it's going to be, but cooking at home is much better than eating out. No eating out this week!

Another thing I have been thinking about is drinking. I had said earlier in the week that I was worried about drinking when it comes time to go camping. I am worried about that, because if it starts to pull me off track, it's not good. But, looking at this summer, we might not be able to camp as much as John would want, so I don't really need to worry about camping. But, it birthday parties, and going to the bar. Stuff like that. I am still worried about that. I don't go out a lot, so that's not an issue, but the pressure to drink it big. And it's not even direct pressure, but you know how it is when everyone else is drunk and you're sober. It's not fun. But the thing I think I hate more is that the next day, whether I'm hung over or not, I never feel like doing anything. Today we spent the entire day watching movies (I finally watched "Avatar" and I actually liked it. Mel Gibsons' "Edge Of Darkness" was pretty disappointing.). But, I could have been cleaning up from last night's party, or could have gone for a nice long walk with John. I just didn't feel like doing anything. I'm still undecided on the whole alcohol thing, but today was an eyeopener for me. I'm just not sure that it's worth it for me right now.

Anyways, since I've done nothing today, I'm tired. I will be back tomorrow...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment