Friday, May 7, 2010

Relay For Life

You've heard of the Relay for Life, right? Well, if you haven't, time to get educated.

Go to http://www.cancer.ca/ and find out more. Believe me, you will love the idea of this fundraiser. It's nothing like you've ever done before.

I've done the relay twice - once as a volunteer in high school, and as a participant 2 years ago. And loved it all. There's nothing better (in my mind) than raising money for such a great cause.

This year my mom and I are walking as individuals. Unfortunately, there is not enough interest in my core friends group to have a team. So, we're not going to let that stop us. We're going to go out there and do it up. This year is very different for me. Before, I knew of people who died of cancer, but I didn't really know anyone who had died of it. Last year, my great aunt, and my mom's former boss both passed due to cancer. Now it's all that much more personal. It's rougher this year. But, we're proud to be doing it! Time to take a tragedy and turn it into something amazing.

If you can, please donate. Make a random donation to a team in your area, or simply make a donation. Something. Anything.

This is not the last you will hear about this from me. I'm taking up this cause. You will hear about it regularly. Be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment