Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Love...

...Is there anything better? I'm really not sure that there is. I mean, love is what makes everything in our human world. Love drives us to be better, smarter, sexier (*wink wink*). I mean, if it weren't for love, I wouldn't be here and would definitely not be me.

Last night, John told me he was proud of me for changing my life. Seriously, what could be better than that? I mean, my sis tells me that too, and I believe her (really!) but hearing it from the love of my life makes it so much better. It makes it seem like it's all worth it.

I know that it's worth it, whether John's proud of me or not, but it is that extra kick. It's one of those things that could go either way. I mean, if he was opposed to me getting in shape and getting my life back on track, we would be having some issues. I have heard stories of couples that split up because one person started to change their life for the better and the other one couldn't handle it. They'd try to derail their partner into failing. And why? Because they were scared that once the other person went through their transformation, they wouldn't want the same life. I know that no matter what happens, as long as John supports and respects my changes, we can get through this.

And, I was talking with SS today, and she reminded me that I need to love my body. It's hard, when you've been so negative about it for so long, to figure out things you love. It's hard to be positive when all you see is the negatives. She made me tell her my 3 favourite things about my body. Today's answers were my eyes, hips and calves. Love them all. Love my hips even though they are covered in cellulite. Love my calves even though they are too large for me to find knee high sexy boots to fit. And my eyes. Well, I just love my eyes. Nothing much to say about them other than they are GREAT. So, maybe, today, you should stop and think about the positives of your body, and stop obsessing (like I tend to do) on the bad parts. Try it. I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment