Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekly Challenge

From Jillian Michaels: for the entire week say NOTHING negative about yourself. If you start to, stop yourself and then say something positive about yourself.

Easier said than done, right? I mean, I can be a very negative Nelly sometimes. But, I wonder how it'll feel to say only good things? It's worth a shot.

I made it through the first day of week 3 of the walk/jog program from hell. Actually, it wasn't that bad, but boy oh boy, do you know you're working out. It's pretty intense. Great, but very intense. I didn't do all 5 sets; I gave in after 4, but I know tomorrow I can do it. I was worried I might not be able to walk, but turns out it's all good.

Today I found out that a guy that I've known since I was 4 committed suicide last night. I have no idea why, how or anything, I just know that he chose to end his life. It's crazy to think of, because this was like THE happiest person ever. Obviously there was something there that did not meet they eyes. I feel very bad for his wife. They were high school sweetheart, married last year or the year before. I can't imagine what she's going through right now. She's only 22, and he was only 23. Barely adults yet. It's really rough. I just can't see what could have been so bad that he thought he had to end it all. I guess I'll find out more in the days to come, but unfortunately it'll be mostly rumor based.

Hug the people you love often, and tell them that. Clearly you never know when it will be the last time you get to do it.

Have a good night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment