Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rest Days

Today, I took a rest day. I know what you're thinking - a rest day?? You shouldn't be taking rest days! Well, I disagree! On Jillian Micheal's program, she tells you to take 2 days off each week. Generally, I have been taking rest days consistently, but this week I thought I could do without.

Then, my Achilles tendon tightened right up. I was not a happy camper. That happened to me a few months ago and I couldn't walk right for over 2 weeks. Not cool. So, today I gave my legs a rest. That way I can be back at it tomorrow!

My uncle, UB to you, has a saying that he loves to tell us over and over. Gravity doesn't take a rest, neither should you. Well, UB, I disagree! My muscles need time to recuperate. I'm not used to this much working out! Just not!

What do you think? Are rest days good or bad? I am going to stick with good, but if you have an opinion, leave a comment for me! And, by rest day, I mean no exercise, or less anyways. You can't take days off from eating right. It just kills you in the end. Just let your muscles rest.

Have a good night everyone. Enjoy the nice weather! We're sunny every day now! Whoo hoo!

2 comments:

  1. Rest days are good! You muscles need time to recuperate. Just as long as you are eating healthy on those days and drinking you millions of litres of water, you should be good to go.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree! I think that there are times when you just need to store up some energy and recoup! Those are great days!

    ReplyDelete