Friday, May 21, 2010

Paranoia

You know, it’s funny. It didn’t even occur to me until early this morning that my friend’s brother had been murdered. You know how you know, but you just don’t know? It’s messed up. It just amazes me that I didn’t realize the gravity of it all until this morning. I mean, it was MURDER. Pre-meditated, no doubt. Holy crap.

 

It’s made me quite paranoid. I’m generally a pretty logical person, but right now paranoia is overruling my logic. It’s nuts. I don’t want to go for a walk because the place I go is not well trafficked, I’m freaking out about every weird noise. Ugh, this is so not a good way to live.

 

On the bright side, it’s a long weekend this weekend! We were going to build a deck, but it turned out to be a bit more costly that we originally thought. So, instead we decided we would stick around town and get caught up on some other stuff outside and in. And now it’s looking like a fantastic idea. We have a snowfall warning for tonight and tomorrow. Sunday and Monday look promising, but I’m really, really glad we decided NOT to go camping! We might not hike tomorrow, but at least we’re not freezing in a tent somewhere.

 

I’m still trying to get some pledges for the Relay For Life. I’ve gotten $65 so far, and I still have a few people to harass. Maybe this afternoon I will. I only have a goal of $100, but it’s looking good so far. I’m so not a fundraiser. I hate asking people for money, especially since most people are living pretty tightly these days. Oh well. I should be able to weasel $35 out of people today!

 

I hope all is well in your world. Keep on going!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment