Thursday, May 13, 2010

5K in 8 Weeks...Update!

So, last Monday, I started another exercise routine. SS found a walk/jog program online that trains you to be able to run a 5K in 8 weeks. I was a bit trepidatious, but I think I've found my groove.

The first week was pretty basic. Walk 6 minutes, then jog for 6. Do 4 sets total. Do this 3 times this week. Not too bad, right? It seemed OK the first day, but the second day was killer. I wasn't sure 3 days last week were going to happen. But, I made it 3 days, and I think I found my stride.

Then this week, it all changes up. Walk 5 minutes, then jog for 2. I was scared. What if I couldn't jog for 2 whole minutes straight? So, my mom and I set out Tuesday afternoon. I think I has psyched myself up too much. We did our 5 minutes, then it was go time. This was it. Could I do it??

Well, it turns out, not only can I do it, I can enjoy it! Yes, after those 2 minutes I am breathing hard and freaking out a bit, but man, it feels good to accomplish! Today was a bit harder, but we were running against massive amounts of wind, and I was pushing us a bit harder. I moved us from a fast, bouncy walk to a regular jog. And man, I love it!

So, SS, that means you need to get our butt out and go! It's not as bad as you think!

Until next week. I can't remember how long we walk for, but I know we have to run for 4 minutes. Yep, time to double it. And I think we have to do it 5 times total instead of just 4. And maybe we have to try to do it 4 times in the week instead of 3. I really need to send a copy home.

Today was not my ideal day at work. Busy busy busy, and people not working as a team. We're constantly talking about how we need to be working as a team, but somehow, someone always decides that they need to look out for themselves first, or they decide that another part of the team needs their help more than their direct team. Basically, we have 4 teams at work that need to work together to make a collective. We have the ISSRs (which I am a part of), the OSSRs, AMs and the warehouse staff. Each team needs to stick together in order for the whole team to run smoothly. Well, when one ISSR decides that one of the OSSRs needs more help that the ISSRs, the team starts to break down. And well, it was so bad that I almost gave up. I just get so frustrated! Ugh! Thankfully it was only the last hour of the day, or I would still be in a foul mood! Instead of remaining frustrated, I went on my walk/jog and feel so much better! Now if only the dishes would do themselves...Ah.

Better go. Enjoy your night.

No comments:

Post a Comment