Thursday, July 1, 2010

Canada Day!

Yep, it's July 1st, and that means it's Canada Day! Check out these links for some Canadiana:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqg8YLHlQJc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWQf13B8epw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjiwBwBL4Qo

The second one is freaking hilarious! Oh Canada.

But, anyways, it was a pretty fantastic day. I went to our parade with AB and her son. What fun. We both almost kicked some 14 year old girl's ass because she came and stood in front of AB's son. Not cool. The lady standing beside me was pissed too. Like, seriously, why would you do that? Oh yeah, you're 14 and the center of the world. That's right. I forgot. Also, when the clown showed up in the parade, the lady and I both groaned. What a funny thing. Random lady and I both hate clowns! Too funny. We had a good laugh.

After the parade it was onto the classic car show. Some really rad cars! Then to the park where they had those bouncy blow up things for the kids, and the farmer's market was set up outside. All in all, it turned out to be a pretty good day. Other than the fact that it was so windy that they actually cancelled the fireworks tonight. Not cool. Not that I was planning to go or anything!

So, I came home, and basically did nothing. I planned out our vacation this summer. Boy, it's going to be a good one. We're doing at least 7 hikes, running a 5K with my sis Ashley, taking her girls for the day, and visiting family. Oye, what did I get myself into?!? And, it's all in the short matter of 11 days! I told John I must be going crazy! Oh well. That's what vacations are for, right? Running yourself crazy before heading back to work?

So, after much planning, I went for my jog. I thought that I would try to do the 5 minute jog, 2 minute walk thing. I thought that wouldn't be too bad since yesterday was so good. Well, I started out, and the first time I looked down at my watch, I had gone 3 and a half minutes. I thought, ok, well maybe I'll go until I stop. Just see how long that is. A good song came on my iPod, and I kept going. Next time I looked down at my watch it was 8 and a half minutes! Well, at that point I thought, hey, I can go another minute and a half! So, yep, I did it! 10 minutes straight! Then I walked for 4 minutes, and did it again! I was going to do another, but my legs were cramping up, I think due to lack of water. So, tomorrow I'm going to take my water bottle and stash it in the mail box area so that I can do at least 3. Why not? I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to do my 5K, and now I'm thinking it's not going to be too bad! Yay! What a Canada Day!

Hope you all had a great Canada Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment