Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saturday Recipe

So, today, I finally got my photos from our trip to the Bahamas done. John and I went last year in August for our honeymoon. And, yes, it's taken me almost a year to get the photos together! I know, I know. Forever!

But they are done now. And, I've been thinking a lot about the foods that we had while we were there. And then I found the cook book that I bought while we were there. Here's a recipe from that book that I think looks amazing:

Seafood Chowder

2 pounds white fish, cut into uniform pieces
4 cups water
1 onion, chopped
2 potatoes, diced
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

In a large saucepan, bring fish to a boil until tender, about 15 minutes. Strain liquid and remove bones (or remove bones before cooking). Return fish stock to saucepan and add remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Add flaked fish and heat to serving temperature. Makes about 6 servings.

Doesn't that sound delicious? I think it does. We had a version of that, maybe a more fancy version, and one of the restaurants at our resort. So yummy. Also, if you have the chance, try jerk chicken or beef. Spicy, but so good!

Enjoy your Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment