Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The End of A Friendship

You ever have one of those friends, that drove you nuts, but you loved them anyways? Then, suddenly, the friendship is over, and you're not sure whether to be happy or sad? That happened to me today.

I don't want to go into the details, because it was pretty bad, but, it's over with SS. For me, I think it's really good. Maybe not for John. I think he's pretty upset about losing her as a friend, but she said some things to me today that even he couldn't deal with. If she had wanted to stay friends with him she should have thought before she typed. Hurting a guy's wife is the worst thing to do if you want to stay friends. If her husband is great, like mine is, he won't question dropping her. So, it's over.

And now I can finally move on. I've been so stressed out about the friendship that I've been sick. I've had anxiety attacks, thankfully when no one has been around to see me as that mess. But it's over. Time to surround myself with people who I know love me and would never say things like SS said to me. Ever. Even if it was true. I know that the people who love me would never try to hurt me. They would talk to me, not insult me.

So, it's time to get back to losing weight. It's been so on the back burner the last week or so with John coming home, and having Uncle B coming up. As much as having Uncle B here was good, it was kind of shitty for me. Great for Mom, because she's finally motivated. It's totally happened now. Maybe now she can try to motivate me some. It's just been hard. I've been so stressed, and haven't cared. Today was no better. I totally pigged out after work, and barely noticed how much I ate. That's never a good thing. I guess I'm getting up at 5 and running tomorrow morning.

More tomorrow. I'm just in such a better head space right now, it's not even funny. It feels fantastic.

Thank you to all of you out there, KB & AT mostly, for not being the kind of friend that sets out to hurt someone. I love you both very much.

1 comment: