Monday, July 5, 2010

Weekend Photo: Chetwynd!

Photo from this weekend in Chetwynd. I don't know if you know anything about Chetwynd, or where it is, or anything, but it's famous for these wood carvings. Every year they have a competition and get about 10 new ones a year. And the coolest part? It's all done with a chainsaw! I think it's cool. It's where SS is from, and I think she kind of thought I was a little bit crazy for wanting to go take pictures of them. It's all about capturing the essence of a town. I mean, do you go to Paris and not take a picture of the Eiffel Tower? No, you don't. The inhabitants of Paris hate the Eiffel Tower, but tourists love it. They think we're all bizarre for wanting to take pictures. It's the same with the carvings. I love them! Love them! But, I think if I was from Chetwynd, I would think differently. I would think the same as SS. But, I would still go to the competition every year and take pictures!

The weekend was good. Good, in the sense that I had some good quality time with John, even if it wasn't quantity time. I can't wait for him to come home. He's pretty sure he'll be home the week of the 21st, but who knows. Their behind on the turnaround right now, I think, so it could be any time. I think the only thing that's making it ok is the fact that he's making mad money. Lots and lots of overtime. Which we need in order to go on our vacation next month. But, it still sucks. I think I'm dealing with it better, but I think John's finally getting to the point where keeping busy with work and going to the pool and stuff isn't enough. I think he finally misses me! Like, I know he misses me as much as I miss him, but I think he's finally understanding what I went through the first 2 weeks.

Anyhow, I should get my ass in gear. LS is coming to stay here tomorrow night and you can't even see the spare bed because that's where John decided my paper recycling should go! I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow...can't wait to see what my hairdresser does to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment