Sunday, July 18, 2010

Wow...

...it's my 100th Blog Posting!

Can you believe it? I can't! Actually, this is the first time I've ever got this far with a blog. I've started a few others, but never made it past about day 10. This is a cause to celebrate! And, look back at where I was 100 days ago, and where I am now, and look forward to the future.

On my third post, I revealed that I weighed 203.5 pounds. I was VERY unmotivated for change. The whole concept of working out a lot was lost on me. We were still eating very poorly. McD's was a regular thing.

On my 51st post, I weighed in at 195.5 pounds with a cold. I wasn't exercising much, I had taken a break from the 30 Day Shred, and was fighting some kind of bug. It was also around then that I really decided that I wasn't going to drink for a while. Until I got to my goal weight.

Now, on my 100th post, I weigh 190.5 pounds. Since then, I have lost a total of 13 pounds, and 19.5 pounds this year (the weight that I was at my biggest, January 1 this year). I can run for 12 minutes or more without stopping. I think I could go farther, but I'm weary of pushing too far because my Achilles tendon is killing me again, and I think I need to go to the doctor, just to make sure nothing major is happening. These days, going for hikes is nothing I can't handle, considering that we hiked 27 kilometers in one day in June.

Looking to the future, I still have about 30 pounds that I would like to lose before Convention in October, but, I'm willing to settle for at least 20. I believe that I can make it to 30, if I buckle down once John gets home (which might possibly Wednesday night instead of Friday or Saturday! Yay!) and is around to help motivate me. My biggest struggle isn't getting out to run, it's eating right and getting up to work out in the morning. I know I'm not seeing as great of results because I'm not getting up as early in the morning and working out. I'm thinking I'm going to convince John that he needs to work out with me in the mornings. It might work. Maybe not. But, it's worth a shot. And, I'm looking forward to a vacation full of lots of hikes and walks, and playing golf with John and my Grandpa. I'm looking forward to playing golf in general. I'm looking forward to going to the pool, and starting to swim laps. And, maybe to get a volleyball, and playing a bit with John in the evenings. And, just to being able to have someone to run with in the evenings, and to keep me active this winter. I'm looking forward to really learning how to skate. And to go skiing! And snowshoeing!

I'm amazed to see the transformation that I've gone through. Not even just the physical transformation, which is huge (I'm actually going to go and try on some older clothes to see where I am with them!) but the mental one too. I know more than ever before about my body, and what I am capable of, even if I do have an anxiety attack here and there. I know that it's all just a part of being me. And, knowing that my husband loves me, and is proud of me, and that I am inspiring a couple of you out there, it's just amazing. I don't know what else I can say about it. It's just amazing. AMAZING.

I want to thank all of you for the kind words, and motivation that you've provided to me in the last 100 days, and pre-thank you for all of the motivation that I know you will provide in the next 100. Thanks everyone. I love you all! Just remember that! And, enjoy your Sunday!

And thanks for reading 100 posts of my rantings! You rock for sticking through reading my neurotic thoughts!


2 comments:

  1. This. Is. Awesome. And I'm SO proud of you! And I miss you guys! And much love! - KB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, KB. I knew it was you! I love you!

    ReplyDelete