Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday Recipe

Personally, I love a recipe that takes little or no time to prepare. This one is like that. Stir Fried Spicy Chicken Tenders. Looks good to me. I've discovered a love for cayenne pepper, so this one is great. I'm sure you could substitute the spices for anything you want. Check out the Everyday Health website for more great recipes (and articles!). I cheated this week and made cookies. I had a craving, now it's gone and I have a dozen cookies sitting here. Oh well. John will eat them.

I haven't been blogging much in the last couple of days, so I thought maybe I should catch up a bit. This week hasn't been my best for working out, but not my worst either. Monday, walked with Mom. Tuesday, power cleaned the house. Wednesday, picked up John in Chetwynd, FINALLY. Thursday, went swimming where I did small things, like treaded water, and held myself up and kicked my legs against the side of the pool. Friday, went for a run with John once he got home. Not bad, but not great either. I need to start working out in the morning again, but I just can't get into it! Except for on the weekends. Then it's not too bad. I need to finish the blog and get out and go! I thought I should get some water in me before I start running though.

Today is Farmer's Market day, and I'm going to see what kinds of local produce I can pick up. I grabbed some stuff at the grocery store last night because I know Uncle B is coming and he's going to make me eat strange food. I talked to him this morning and he told me to grab stuff, and we'll go from there!

I'm actually terrified of him coming. I know it's going to be good and bad. He's a monster when it comes to working out. I'm just hoping that he sees what I can do, and doesn't push me so far beyond my limits that I can barely move at work.I'm hoping that I'll get a few great workouts in, and that he can help me set up some routines to get me off of my plateau. I've been hovering between 189 and 190.5 for the month. Not too impressed, but I sure hope he can help me out of it.

Have a good Saturday everyone. I'm going to try to enjoy mine too!

No comments:

Post a Comment