Thursday, July 8, 2010

Vacation

So, I've been thinking about the fantastic vacation that I have planned for John and I next month, including about 7 hikes, 7 towns/cities, and about a million visits. I think, maybe, I over planned a bit. But, here's what I have planned:

Night 1: Leave FSJ for PG; stay overnight:

Day 1: Drive to Mount Robson, and hike to Kinney Lake. Maybe hike a bit more around the campground. Camp overnight.

Day 2: Drive to Well's Grey (Gray? I don't know) and hike into Moul and Helmken Falls. Drive to Kamloops.

Day 3: Hike at Sun Peaks; see John's brother and his wife and new baby; party our faces off with CL.

Day 4: Relax Kamloops style; go to Stump Lake to visit CB.

Day 5: Head to Vernon to see DB; off to Kelowna to visit John's family.

Day 6: More Kelowna visiting; head to Golden, stopping at Craigellachie, Revelstoke Dam (maybe) and Canyon Hot Springs.

Day 7: Hang out with the family in Parson; maybe go golfing with Grandpa.

Day 8: Fun filled day with the nieces! Emerald Lake, Takkaka Falls, Banff and Radium Hot Springs (Sis, did I tell you about this? If not, you know what I'm planning to do with your kids now!).

Day 9: Hike Canyon Creek with MW.

Day 10: Run 5K with my sis; hike Gorman Lake with KH and HL.

Day 11: Drive all the way from Golden to home, stopping at the Columbia Ice Fields, Jasper and GP.

Think I'm ambitious enough? I think we might have to scale a few things down, but doesn't it seem like it would be a lot of fun? I think so. It's so different to plan a vacation around things like hiking, hiking and hiking, instead of sitting, sitting and sitting. I'm excited! So excited! I think John thinks I'm crazy! Maybe I am, but we're going to have a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment