Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Measurements

So, really, when it comes to weight loss, pounds lost is not the only thing that you need to be aware of. For a long time, I never thought about it in any other way. The only thing I focused on was weight, weight, weight. Now, I'm focusing on weight, but also keeping track of the inches I'm losing. I've kept track for a while, and here's what's been happening:

January 31:
Bust: 43-3/4 inches
Arms: 15-1/2 inches
Waist: 42 inches
Hips: 46 inches
Legs: 24-3/4 inches

February 28:
Bust: 41-1/2 inches (2 inches lost)
Arms: 15-1/2 inches (stayed the same)
Waist: 39 inches (3 inches lost)
Hips: 43 inches (3 inches lost)
Legs: 24 inches (3/4 inch lost)

May 3:
Bust: 40 inches (1-1/2 inches lost)
Arms: 14-1/2 inches (1 inch lost)
Waist: 38-1/2 inches (1/2 inch lost)
Hips: 42 inches (1 inch lost)
Legs: 24 inches (stayed the same)

June 11:
Bust: 42 inches (2 inches gained)
Arms: 15 inches (1/2 gained)
Waist: 39 inches (1/2 inch gained)
Hips: 24 inches (stayed the same)
Legs: 25 inches (1 inch gained)

Total:
Bust: 1-1/2 lost
Arms: 1/2 lost
Waist: 3 inches lost
Hips: 4 inches lost
Legs: 1/4 inch gained!

Total inches lost: 8-3/4 inches

Not too bad. I think though, because my mom measured me a couple of times, and John a couple of times, some of the measurements might not be accurate, but they are pretty good. John did measurements on the 11th of June too, just to see what he loses when he's away at work.

It's good to be able to actually see this progress, because people don't really care how much you weigh, it's how you look. Not that I care how people see me, but it is nice if people see me as someone who is losing a lot of weight!

That brings me to my burst of confidence on the weekend. We went and hung out with John's friend, SA from high school. She and her family recently moved to the city just over from us, and we've only seen them once. Well, she couldn't stop talking about how good I look! She met me once, back in early May I think, or maybe even April, when I was just starting to lose weight. But, to have someone really notice the difference, was amazing. It's hard for the people around me to notice, because they see me every day, but to know that someone who doesn't see me, who doesn't really know what's going on with my life, sees that. It was so awesome!

But, I think I should go and get dinner ready. John should be home for the night at any point here. Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment