Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Last 10

So, the last 10. Those are the hardest to lose, so I hear. I'm not even near that, but maybe there is something to learn from the tips that are given to people losing that last 10. Take a look at this link to JM's site. Good tips on how to lose those last "vanity pounds."

Today, I decided was my rest day this week. I have a feeling I'll have a lot to keep myself busy this weekend. I won't be heading to see my hubby until the afternoon, so I'll be able to work out in the morning, and I think he has a few things planned for us to keep us busy. Hopefully he doesn't have to work a ridiculous amount, that way we can at least have some good quality alone time.

I think I'm dealing with the idea of him being gone better. I know that I could never be the one to leave home, that's for sure. I may have an opportunity to go stay where he's staying, but not while he's there, and I won't do it. I don't even think the allure of making a lot of money could take me away from home. And from him. And, especially to where it is. No offence intended, SS, but I could never stay there. I'm having a hard time imagining spending weekends there. Not so much my type of town, or at least not from what I've seen. Too small for me! I grew up in a small town, and want nothing else to do with one ever again if I can.

Another good note today is that I got a letter in the mail telling me that my jury duty has been cancelled! Thank goodness! I don't know why the government thinks that we should have to go into debt because some scumbag needs a jury. They should have to pay us our full wage, or something at least comparable. Why should I suffer because of some idiot's mistakes? You get paid $20 per day, from days 1-10, and then go up to $60 on day 11 and $100 on day 50. Yeah, that's enough to cover car payments, mortgages, utilities, food. Yep, count me in. NOT! I'm so glad it got cancelled! When I was younger, I thought the idea of serving on a jury would be cool. Now that I depend on my paycheck, it doesn't seem as alluring. Maybe if I wasn't working, it would be ok. They will pay for daycare though. What a bunch of shit. Seriously.

But, now that I don't have to do jury duty, I can de-stress. Man, I was freaking out. If a trial went over the 10 days I have paid from work, we would start to slide more and more into a hole, and the whole point of John being away, and the only thing that makes it worth it is that he's making overtime, and he doesn't hate the idea of being away from home. He misses me, but being a man, he can put that aside, and just work. But, if all he was doing was making it just manageable for us to get by, I don't think I'd appreciate that too much! My stress levels would be through the roof.

But, now I can get over it, and get ready for the fun night I'm going to have tomorrow night! Oil Wives year end golf tournament! I can't golf, and they're calling for thundershowers in the afternoon, but whatever! It'll but fun anyways! Have a good night all!

2 comments:

  1. I love the fact, that your so in love with your hubby that you can't be away from him or hate the idea of it.
    Its wonderful to see, not many people are like that anymore.

    Lots of love, give John a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too sister! John wishes he could hug ya back, but he'll just hug me instead!

    And thanks for understanding why I miss John so much. You've put it the best. I just know I don't like to be without him!

    ReplyDelete