Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Night is Goals Night!

So, as I'm looking towards the week ahead, I keep thinking that it's the perfect time to make some goals. I believe in goals of all sizes. I have my long term goal of getting in shape and looking great. I have my monthly goal of losing 3.5 pounds to get to at least an even 200, and 5 pounds per month until December (where honestly, all bets are off). And now I have some weekly goals.

This week I am going to cook every night. I've made a dinner list for the week and know exactly what I'm going to cook. And, as a bonus, I have my chicken chili ready to go for tomorrow morning! I'm going to work out every morning this week, and walk every day after work. And not eat out at all! That's the biggest thing! (My steeped tea from Tim Horton's does not count here! I drink it black!)

These are my Monday-Friday goals. For the weekend, it's basically, work out, walk and eat properly. Pretty attainable as long as we don't spend all weekend inside watching movies and hockey like I know we both want to!

What are your goals? Take the time to think about them, and write them down.

If I achieve my weekly goals, I'm going to allow myself one indulgence. Whether that's a small bag of chips, or an ice cream, or a latte from Starbucks, it's within my power to have something that will not totally derail my progress.

I don't think that cheat days work. I think that it's better to award good behavior. Like, for instance, if I make my monthly goal, maybe I'll go and get a pedicure. And when I ultimately make my long term goal, maybe I'll treat myself to a whole spa day!!

Take some time to write down some goals. Maybe yours aren't about weight loss and making healthy choices. Maybe yours are more about the kind of person you want to be. It can be anything - but just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment