Saturday, April 17, 2010

Healthy Recipe Saturdays! (#1)

So, I thought it would be a good idea to put a healthy, yet yummy recipe on here every week. Just something that I really like, that is easy to make, and pretty low in calories.

This week, I'm going to make chicken chili. It's so easy, and so good. Here's how to make it.

Take a pound of lean ground chicken (or turkey - both are way lower in calories than red meat which is harder to find as lean) and use a bit of olive oil and fry with garlic and onions. Mix together tomatoes, mushrooms, kidney beans, green or red peppers, and finely chopped carrots in your slow cooker. Add in the chicken when it's cooked, along with the garlic and onions. Add in some salt, pepper and chili powder.

I make this part the night before, then before I leave for work in the morning, I put it on low, and cook it all day. When I get home I taste it to see if I need to add anything more to it.

Just serve it with some salad, and you've got yourself an awesome meal.

I love cooking with a slow cooker. Dinner's ready when you get home, and there's basically no work involved. It all takes care of itself.

Try it out! Change it up to suit your tastes and you can't go wrong!

Bon Apetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment