Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"Sisters"

My "sister" Ashley is now not only the best sister ever (yeah, I know I only have one) she is my support person. And I am hers.

It's great to have someone that you can just be able to go "WTF is going on??" and have them help you through it. We're both trying to lose weight. Ashley's goal is about half of mine, but I have no doubt that she will stick with me until I make it to mine. Just knowing that someone out there is struggling with the same genetic makeup is great. Great to know you're not alone, not great that other people have to go through it too.

Ashley is struggling right now with finding the time to make good choices for food and exercise. A mother of 2 young girls (my great neices, aged almost 5 and 1) who is in school does not have much time to make healthy choices every day. While I'm living s totally separate life where I work 7-4 and have no kids, I'm still struggling to figure out how the hell to make good choices. When you don't get home until after 5, and you're starving, the last thing you want to do is cook. And I am so bad at planning ahead. I never think to take meat out of the freezer to thaw during the day, and I can't ever figure out what to eat. Maybe that should be our goal for next week, my sister. Plan our dinners out on Sunday night, make sure that they are healthy, and filling, and easy to prepare. Then stick your meal plan on the fridge, and that way you see it every day and remeber to take out the things that you need for that night. That should make it easier, right?

All right, I've got a goal for Sunday night. Plan my meals! Check back with me Monday to see if I actually did it! Maybe time for a walk before "The Biggest Loser" (my BIGGEST inspiration) comes on. Get out in the sunshine while we have it! Spring looks like it might finally have come to the north!

No comments:

Post a Comment