Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Responsabilites

In life, we all have responsabilites. Responsabilites at work, with family, with your own self. But why do some people lack the drive to take responsabilities in their own life?

It's like one of my cousins. I see him as the "it wasn't my fault" guy. Drives me freaking crazy. That's why I don't care if I see him. The last time I saw him he was bitching about how getting laid off and not being able to find work was someone else's fault. No, buddy, it's all yours. Get off your ass and you'd be ok.

Just like AB at work. When you're new as a sales rep, your job is to jump on every phone call and every person who walks through the door. Basics. Your job is to help the other people who have been there longer, who have more responsability, when they need it. Take today. I get a stack of orders from DS every Wednesday morning from the coal mine he delivers to. I deal with all of the coal mines in the area. Usually I have his orders done by about 10, or at the latest before I go for lunch at 11. Today I had a couple of fires to put out with orders, and some specail quotes to do, so I didn't have time to touch them before lunch. After lunch, it got much worse. I didn't get DS's orders done until after 3. Why is that? AB decided that she didn't want to work. She ignored the phone, wandered into the back to avoid customers, and flat out refused to work. Her responsability is to take customers first so we can get work done, and clearly someone needs to explain it to her again. And if it's me it'll be personal and she won't talk to me for a month.

Thinking about this got me to really thinking about how I am responsable for my life. I'm the reason I gained over 40 piunds in a year. I'm also the reason it's going to get off of me. Somehow, it's going to happen. I have to take responsability for my life and not blame my weight gain on my job, or living in the north. It was all me. Eating bad, being lazy. Yep, it's my responsability. I'm going to take initiative and say that it's my responsability to get my ass in gear, and work out some more!! Get this fat off of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment