Monday, August 16, 2010

Tomatoes

Yes, today's blog is entitled "tomatoes" - and yes, I know how random that seems. But, really, it's not. I just canned my first tomatoes. Well, they're still in the caner, but the lids are on and they're boiling! Mom came out to help, and will be for the next few nights because we still have 60 pounds to go, plus 35 of peaches. Am I crazy? The answer is yes. But, nothing beats home canning!

Mom and I also walked 8K today. Yep, 8K. After not doing anything for quite a while, it was strange. And, all after being on my feet for 8 hours straight. Lots of 8's involved today. But tomorrow Mom has to work late, so I'm going to go for a run, come home, and get canning again. Hopefully I'll have most of the tomatoes done so that we can get them all into jars and into the caner ok.

I can't remember if I weighed 187 pounds before we left, or 188 pounds, but I weighed this morning, and I was at 193.5 pounds. Either way, about 6 pounds gained on vacation. I pretty much expected that though. Time to get back into it. Mom is super motivated right now, so I'm just going to take advantage of that and go with it. Those 6 pounds should come off in no time, right? RIGHT.

Time to get back to canning. I have to switch out another batch in a few minutes! Have a good night! Did you all say something good about yourself today?? I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment