Thursday, August 19, 2010

Maternity Leave

Did you know that in the USA you only get 6 weeks of paid maternity leave? How freaking stupid is that? Here we are up in Canada, with a full year, and we think that's not good enough (ok, well, I don't think it's good enough!). I have a friend that just had a baby, and is already talking about going back to work. Who the heck wants their 6 week old baby in daycare? And who would do daycare for a baby that small? Don't they still breast feed then? Yes, they do! How dumb! Thank goodness I live in Canada!

Anyway, that was my rant for the day. I just think it's dumb. Just like my knees. I'm so sore. Like, so sore that I don't want to get off of the couch. So bad. I'm hoping it's just as simple as I'm not used to being on my feet 8 hours a day. We'll see what happens next week. If it's this bad next week, I'll go to the doctor. The worst part is that I want to eat and eat and eat because I'm depressed that I can't get out and work out. Boo. Oh well. There's absolutely nothing bad that I want to eat in the house, and John won't let me go back to town!

Maybe time for some more couch time! Have a good night everyone, and send my knees some healing thoughts! They need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment