Saturday, August 21, 2010

Saturday Recipe! It's Back!

Saturday recipe is back! I hadn't done it ahead before we went on vacation, so I just had to leave it out. But here it is, back again! This one is awesome. My grandma had a little booklet on her counter and while I was there, I was looking through it and found this one. SMART Berry Muffins. Something different to try anyways!

Well, it's the weekend, and I'm on call. I have to go in at 8 and pull some taps out of freight. I'm going to have to dig through about a million boxes to find them, I bet. Oh well. I'm supposed to work out with mom this morning, but since I have to go into work, we'll have to do it a bit later. I'm trying really hard to get my motivation up again, but it's so hard. I think all the BS that has gone on in my life lately had taken my self-worth down a bit. It's like I think I'm not worth it, like I don't deserve to lose weight. I know it's not true, but I think you know how my neurosis works. I think that's why my motivation has been lacking lately. But, I think something is going to be changing around the house to make me more motivated to get out. We're getting a roommate for a couple of months. Actually, the guy wants to stay with us for a year, but I'm not sure that's going to work for me. We're kind of doing it as a trial-basis. It's a guy that John went to school with (well, his brother did, so that makes him my age) who is married, and is just up here working 10 days on and 4 days off. Having another person in the house is going to be different. But, you can;t argue too much with an extra $500 a month when you're in debt like John and I are. We'll see how it goes. If I don't like having him around, he's gone. Plain and simple. The money isn't worth it if I'm unhappy and don't want to be home ever.

AB had her last day of work yesterday. As much as I bitch about her, I'm going to miss her very much. She's gotten back together with the guy she was engaged to last year (that she broke it off with because he was a loser) which makes me scared, especially since they're moving away. She quit a really good job for him, and I'm still not sure if it was a good idea. I hope that it works out, and that he's really changed, not just enough to get her back. I'm hoping hard for them. I want it to work. I hate seeing relationships end, especially when there's a kid involved. It's not his kid, technically, but he might as well be. And the little guy doesn't deserve to go through that shit.

Ok, I guess I should go and have a shower, and get ready to go for a workout with momma. She's doing so well (10 pounds in the last 3-4 weeks! Go Momma!) and I really hope she can keep it up. She's almost caught me with weight. We're within about 5 pounds of each other right now. It's pretty great! Our weight loss goals are super close; she wants to be 150 pounds by May, I want to be 145 pounds by my birthday. Both are pretty attainable, so I hope we can keep each other going. Next week should be a better week for me. Then I can get back to running!

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment